Sunday, February 03, 2008

Skip Church

02/02/2008

We just could not figured it out where is the church here and we are still had jetlag. Our body clock were screwed up, yes we woke up early in the morning 2:30AM. Ben and Mary are wide awake and wanted to play. They run around in the room eventhough the light was turn off. Mary was giggling and kept calling me Mommy and she touch my face a lot so I will be waking up. They are so noisy and we were hoping that the people living on the next door was not extremely disturbed from our noise. Brian and I were hoping that they will be back to sleep but they don't. We put them back to bed, Ben and Mary kept wiggling in bed and they even giggles and give a tickling to each other. Brian was a bit upset because he wanted to sleep more. He was awake a lot last night because it was really noisy in the outside.

Our room was cracked open eventhough it is cold in the outside. We could not control the room temperature eventhough the heater was off. They have centralized heater and the heat flow up in the ceiling and they did not give a control knob in every room, which it is really stinks. People have different preferences of room temperature. People have different body response to heat and my hubby is a warm blooded man so what do you expect. If I am comfortable then he is roasting, sweating all over. So, I better wrap myself with blanket and give him the right temperature. So, that's why we open the window a little bit. But then the people coming in and out at the Navy Lodge were very noisy. I just remembered that a guy screaming in the outside. Our room was on top of the reception area. It kept Brian awake but when he is going to close the window. The room started to warm up and kept him awake. He could not win. Kids does not want to go bed still eventhough we give them a solitary place. We were hoping that they will be sleeping.

So, Brian went down to the front desk and asked if we could change to another room. The lady that she spoke that there is vacancy today and it is on the fourth floor. I was planning to arrange our clothes to the drawers but after all. I did not bother to do it but instead we pack our stuff again and then put it in the storage here at the Navy Lodge. The room is not ready after noon.

About with the kids, we let them watch TV. I was extremely forgot that it is Sabbath here in Japan. I just felt that it is Friday. God will forgive me. Brian was asking me to have a bath and I let him or else he will be cranky all day. Actually he is at the bath right now and read the welcome instructions as a new movers here in Japan. We have so many things to learn aside from the Japanese cultures, languages and traditions. They are very cautious and watchful so we need to be careful our actions. I am planning to take classes for learning Japanese language and it is free to get it here on base which is really cool. Oh boy! we found out that we need more groceries from the store but there is no way we can buy a lot of perishable food because our fridge is pretty small.

After we pack our stuff, Brian put it in the storage and then we head to the Navy Exchange. We dressed up ourselves and bundle up. It is pretty cold up here. We rode a bus and we found out that they have two different routes. It is a clockwise and counter clockwise routes. It is pretty odd though. But only counter clockwise will run during Saturday and Sunday and even Holidays. They have stalls of a to-go restaurant like Taco Bell and many more. We ate late breakfast/lunch. I grabbed from the Oriental Restaurant, a beef and rice with two egg rolls. Brian was upset with them because they have the list of menus but when you asked that that is what you want. Then they will tell you, they don't have it. So, Brian decided to get his food from Taco Bell. Benjamin wanted to eat Donuts and Mary shared my food. Mary is always eat pretty well. While Benjamin always a picky boy.

After we ate, we head to the Navy Exchange but we end up of going to the baby/toddler/teens clothes. I was just so curious what they have in there. They have also separate building for furnitures and even to the main store at NEX. This is the NEX store that I seen which is really big. You can see everything in here and you do not need to go out in the base or in town and buy stuff. But it is pretty cool to wander around the neighborhood. Brian and I does not have a plan to go out yet, I will never go out as soon as I have my ID or else I can't get in in the base. I am scared, I better be safe than sorry. We saw Phil and his wife Rene and son Jake at NEX. They are also wandering off around the neigborhood. They are a nice family and we were talking of having dinner together at Chilis at 5pm.

The Commissary store - We were gonna go there and look around but I just told to Brian to go back to the Navy Lodge. I am not thrilled enough to go inside while I do not have any ID at all. My WA Drivers license is not valid in here, only my passport is my valid identity. Mary was also fussy and sleepy. I just want her to go to sleep and rest. Poor baby! We were all tired. We ride in a bus again. I am not sure if I like this way. Riding in a bus to get to from point A to point B. I don't like to wait eventhough their buses here are fine to ride but I don't like the waiting idea and running just to catch the bus. I just wanna do things with all my time.

So, we got back here at lodge at around 1pm and then we checked in again. Bring all the bags to fourth floor room 417. Brian and I were arranging our stuff again, putting our clothes in the drawer and putting away our suitcases. It is almost 5pm and it is time for us to go to Chilis for a dinner with Phil's, Rene and Jake.

On our way to Chilis Restaurant, Mary was still sleeping. Benjamin was tired and he wanted to sleep but we will try to keep him awake. Poor Ben! I carried Mary and even the breeze of the air did not even kept her awake. When we got to the Chili's, she was awake and then she wanted to go back to sleep. I find a sit and then I nurse her again and she went back to sleep. Benjamin was playing his toy but before that, he wanted to go inside the video arcade but it is gamble games right there. It is not really cool that Ben can't come in and play. So we were called and our table is ready. A japanese lady was serving us and she was so nice but we were careful what we were saying because she did not speak english pretty well. I just had a salmon with garlic and herbs pair with a drink of mango ice tea sweetened. We had a wonderful dinner together. We asked the server to bring us first Ben's food or else he will be sleeping. He eat a little bit on his fries but then his eyes were very tired and fell asleep. So both kids are sleeping now LOL.

After our dinner, Brian and I carrying the kids and it is so hard though. I almost cracked my back which is really bad if I did. Yes Mary is not that heavy but the moment that you are carrying across the parking and then going up to our room is not fun at all. We let the kids sleep and did not bother to wake them. We are hoping that they will be sleeping good. Brian and I were heading to bed too. We were all tired still. ciao z z z z z z z snooze z z z z z z z.

back to Home Page

No comments: